Thursday, November 3, 2011

Amy Adams


The soon-to-be Louis Lane was born on August 20, 1974 in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy as Amy Lou Adams. (Her father was stationed in Italy.) She is 5' 4" [1.63 m] tall.

Savior of Ricky Bobby. Enough said.


Factoids:
  • Alumnus of the Chanhassen Dinner Theater in Minnesota. Appeared there in many productions including "Brigadoon" and "Good News".
  • Has six sisters and brothers.
  • Natural hair color is Strawberry Blonde.
  • Though born in Italy but raised in Castle Rock, Colorado.
  • Born at the U.S. military base located in Aviano, Italy but spent part of her childhood in the US military base located in Vicenza, Italy.
  • Invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 2006.
  • Attended, and graduated from, Douglas County High School in Castle Rock, Colorado.
  • Sang in the school choir at Douglas County High School.
  • Is a trained dancer.
  • Once worked at The Gap, a clothing store chain.
  • Has made two movies back-to-back starring Meryl Streep: Doubt (2008/I) and Julie & Julia (2009). In the latter she has no scenes with Streep.
  • During a red carpet interview at the 81st Academy Awards, she claimed to suffer from extreme stage fright and claustrophobia.
  • Has a lot of hot sauce in her kitchen. Loves raw onions, garlic and garlic press.
  • Enjoys singing karaoke. (It's pronounced Ka, as in Cat, La as in tra-la-la, O, as in Okay, Ke as in Kent. There is no Japanese sound for L or R but they are combined. It is not pronounced Carry-Okie. -ed.)
  • Ha a daughter Aviana Olea Le Gallo.
  • Her performance as Ashley Johnsten in Junebug (2005) was named the 6th best performance of the decade in Paste Magazine's 25 Best Movie Performances of the Decade.
  • Was one month pregnant with her daughter Aviana when she completed filming on The Fighter (2010). 
  • Was in consideration for the part of Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged: Part I (2011) after Charlize Theron dropped out of the project, but Taylor Schilling was cast instead.
  • Was in attendance at the wedding of her Sunshine Cleaning (2008) co-star and best friend Emily Blunt to John Krasinski (10 July 2010).
  • Returned to work three months after giving birth to her daughter Aviana in order to begin filming On the Road (2012).
  • Her favorite films include Gone with the Wind (1939), The Wizard of Oz (1939), Paulie (1998), Vertigo (1958) and The Shawshank Redemption (1994).
  • Appeared in one episode of the TV series, "Smallville" (2001), which is about the early life of Clark Kent before he became Superman.

Quotes:
  • I have worked with some of the meanest people in the world. You can't do anything to intimidate me.
  • I think that I've always been attracted to characters who are positive and come from a very innocent place. I think there's a lot of room for discovery in these characters and that's something I always have fun playing.
  • Thirty was a big deal for me. It was the age where I reevaluated everything - how I approached life and how I thought about myself. When I look at my 20s, or when I look at any period in my life, I think about how much time I've wasted trying to find the right man. It's like, if I could go back and do it again, I would have taken guitar lessons or something. I would have put my energy into something that paid off in the end, instead of trying to improve myself for men. Oh, the time and the energy, trying to impress somebody who was actually a big jerk, you know? But the truth is, once you have a great man in your life, it allows you - or at least for me - to look at yourself and grow as an individual. And gosh, if I had known I was going to find this, my 20s would have been completely different.
  • I was a hostess at Hooters, and that was sort of fun. I was 17, and then when I was 18, I waited [tables] for about a month. I wasn't cut out to be a waitress, and I certainly wasn't cut out to be a Hooters waitress. That was a short-lived ambition. Everyone would agree, if they could see me, Hooters isn't necessarily the best way to describe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!