Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grace Park


Grace was born on March 14, 1974 in Los Angeles, California as Jee Un Park. She is 5' 9" [1.75 m] tall.

I think her first major role was the TV remake of "Battlestar Galactica." She played the character of "Boomer," which was played by a guy in the older version and the name "Boomer" became a call-sign instead of a given name, so, he can be a she. Apparently, she started her career as a model, though I've never seen her before I started to watch "Battlstar Galactica." Hope she lands a movie role soon because the remake of "Hawaii Five - O" stank.

Also, I have a little gripe against the Internet denizens. Note the following images: None of them are Grace Park.

In order, they are Linda Park, Ming Na Wen and Lucy Liu. So, get it straight Internet people!

Here is Grace Park!

Factoids:
  • Started out as a model.
  • Loves extreme sports and travelling.
  • Spoke English in the family home, knows a little French (being raised and educated in Canada).
  • After graduating from college, wanted to try acting for only a year, but ended up getting a teen show called "Edgemont" (2000) right away.
  • Born in Los Angeles, but moved to Canada at 22 months. Considers herself a Canadian native, but always a Korean first.
  • Has starred in two remakes of earlier shows, "Battlestar Galactica" (2004) ("Battlestar Galactica" (1978)) and "Hawaii Five-0" (2010) ("Hawaii Five-O" (1968)). Both of her characters, Boomer and Kono respectively, were originally male.

Quotes:
  • [on what's next for her character Sharon on "Battlestar Galactica" (2004)] It's funny because I was on the plane with [producer Ronald D. Moore] on the way here, and I was like, "What do you see for my character?" And he was kind of lost, and I was like, "It's kind of funny because I'm sort of lost. I was sort of looking at my character to maybe give me some ideas." And he's like, "So the responsibility lies on me to help shape your life?" I'm like, "Yeah, pretty much!" Then he's like, "Well, I was drawing on the actress". And I'm like, "Oh, so you're looking to me to provide you with a storyline?"
  • [on playing two characters on "Battlestar Galactica" (2004)] There was a lot of pressure that I felt, especially since the second episode was very heavy on the two characters right away. And I remember the director was reiterating some of the points of the show. And I was sitting there thinking, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, but why are you saying these things?" Because they're obvious points. Then I realized in that moment she was making sure that she had the points right, and then I knew the safety net was gone. And then I thought that was very scary at that point.
  • [on fanfiction] I get really confused. I didn't know what that really was. I was like, "I don't remember reading this script anywhere!"
  • [on fan art] I just saw a montage that they put together to music, and it was the whole Tyrol and Boomer storyline. And it was all these clips that they put together, and someone sent it to me for my interest. And I watched the thing, and by the end, I was all moved. I was like, "I want them to be together!" [laughs] "They're so great!" Then I was like, "But if I think about it, that was doomed."


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!