Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vanessa Williams


Vanessa Williams was born on March 18, 1963 in Tarrytown, New York as Vanessa Lynn Williams. She is 5' 6" [168 m] tall.

Yes, Vanessa is famous for having to resign from being Miss America because some idiot dug deep enough to find some ancient photos of her but she is a strong person and made it back and starred in a few movies with some pretty famous people including Mace Windu and the Terminator. Think of her as you will but I believe she is a class act.


Factoids:
  • Was originally cast as Jane Toussaint in Spike Lee's School Daze (1988), but was replaced by Tisha Campbell-Martin due to artistic differences.
  • Parents, Milton & Helen Williams, were both music teachers.
  • In 1981, she won a musical theatre scholarship to Syracuse University. However, she eventually lost those funds. That led to her entry in the Miss America pageant.
  • Grew up in Millwood, New York, USA
  • As a Junior at Syracuse University, she was crowned Miss America in the fall of 1983 and dropped out to fulfill her contractual duties, but she eventually earned her Bachelor's degree from the Syracuse University School of Visual and Performing Arts on May 10, 2008.
  • Has four children Melanie, Jillian, Devin and Sasha.
  • Was the first black contestant in the hot seat on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."
  • Attended Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua, New York.
  • Sang the National Anthem at Arnold Schwarzenegger's inauguration as Governor of California.
  • Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on 19 March 2007.
  • Turned down the role in Monster's Ball (2001), which later went to Halle Berry.

Personal Quote:
  • I throw myself into my work. It's exhausting. It's time-consuming. I feel guilty for not being with my kids all the time, But then when I'm home with my children and devoting my life to my kids, in the back of my mind I'm wondering whether I'll ever get employed again. So there's a constant battle of doing what fuels me and what I do best. And also, being there for my kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!