Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Heidi Klum


Heidi was born on June 1, 1973 in Bergisch-Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, West Germany as Heidi Klum.

Another well known super model but believe it or not, she has been in a few movies... well, as herself. She was in "The Devil Wears Prada," "Zoolander" and few more. She played a character in "Ella Enchanted" and played Ursula Andress in "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers." It seems now she is spending more time as a producer, which I assume, allows her to be more with family.

She is 5' 9½" [1.77 m] tall.


Factoids:
  • Last name pronounced "Kloom."
  • Has 4 children, Leni Klum, Henry Günther Ademola Dashtu Samuel, Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel and Lou Sulola Samuel.
  • She has insured her legs for two million dollars.
  • Keeps a small bag full of the teeth she lost as a child as a good-luck charm.
  • Has designed collections for Mouawad jewelry and Birkenstock shoes.
  • Has her own lines of clothing and swimwear.
  • Has her own line of beauty products.
  • Has a rose named after her, known as the Heidi Klum rose.
  • Dedicated a sculpture she painted called "Dog With Butterflies" to commemorate the role of rescue dogs in the aftermath of 9/11.
  • Like many people in her hometown of Bergisch-Gladbach, she still enjoys participating at the annual carnival parade.
  • Released her first single "Wonderland," written for a series of television advertisements of retailer Douglas, and reached #13 on the German singles chart (November 2006).
  • Due to her TV commercials for Katje wine gums, the company's turnover increased by 26.6 million euros in Germany (2005).
  • Has designed a less expensive line of jewelry for QVC, the Heidi Klum Jewelry Collection. The line is similar to her collection of fine jewelry for Mouawad, both of which feature her signature clover design. 
  • Said on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she got to know Seal in a New York hotel after he had trained in a gym and immediately fell in love with him.
  • On Friday, November 20, 2009, she legally changed her name to Heidi Samuel.
  • Won $250,000 for the "Twin Towers Fund" on a celebrity edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in 2001.

Quotes:
  • I'm very lucky. As I get a lot of role because of my name as a model and I probably wouldn't have got them without it. You have to make the best of your situation.
  • Michael J. Fox is a great, sexy, funny, short man. I had so much fun on that show ["Spin City" (1996)]. There was this scene where we were lying in bed together after sex. But instead of having a cigarette, I start yodeling, because I'm German, see? He kept making me laugh, we were cracking up.
  • I believe that when you put a smile out there, you get a smile back.
  • Seal and I feel very lucky that we found each other. He's my best friend. He would never go in through a door first. He always opens the door for me and steps back so I walk through.
  • I'd say I'm a good cook. I have a lot of German recipes that I can make - schnitzel, meatballs and things with cabbage. I love cabbage.
  • You shouldn't wait for other people to make special things happen. You have to create your own memories.
  • I've been heartbroken. I've broken hearts. That's part of life, and its part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!