Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mandy Moore

Find Mandy Moore stuff here.
Her official web site is here and you can purchase directly from there too, especially music.

Mandy was born on April 10, 1984 in Nashua, New Hampshire as Amanda Leigh Moore.

For me, she is one of those names that kept popping up, most recently in "Tangled," and I always wondered who she is... now I know. She is definitely more than meets the eye. If she is truly like what she says about herself, she'll be happy and will go far, whether famous or not.

She is 5' 10" [1.78 m] tall.


Factoids:
  • Professional Singer. (Do I need to put that here? I didn't know, so, here it is. -ed.)
  • She has a younger brother, Kyle and an older brother, Scott.
  • Wanted to be a news reporter.
  • Cut her hair short for the movie "Try Seventeen" (2002).
  • Cut her hair shorter for the movie How to Deal (2003).
  • Good friends of the Osbourne family. Mandy has appeared in some of the episodes of their reality TV show.
  • She has size 10 feet.
  • Attended Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Camp.
  • Her debut single 'Candy' topped the Australian Charts at number 1.
  • High school GPA was 3.8.
  • Of Irish and Cherokee descent on her father's side and of English descent on her mother's side.
  • Was originally cast as Anne Hathaway's character for the movie Havoc (2005).
  • She attended Park Maitland School in Matiland, Florida and was cast as Adelaide in its production of Broadway Musical "Guys and Dolls".
  • Had a live duet with Asia's songbird, Regine Velasquez.
  • Lists Annie Hall (1977) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) as her favorite films.
  • Struggled with depression after her a breakup.
  • She has 3 cats; Milo, Zoe, and Cloe.
  • Good friends with singer Josh Groban and Kellan Rhude.
  • Loves roller-coasters.
  • Fractured her ankle during a shoot for Self magazine. She was injured after jumping from a boat. [April 2007]
  • Was ranked #19 on Forbes List The 20 Top-Earning Young Superstars.(2007).
  • Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2008 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was suggested in the Worst Supporting Actress category for her performance in the film "Because I Said So" (2007). She failed to receive a nomination however.
  • Her grandmother was a professional ballerina in London.
  • She gave a complimentary concert at the senior prom for the 2007 graduating class of Enterprise High School in Enterprise, AL after a tornado tore through the school killing 8 students on March 1, 2007.

Quotes:
  • I'm a spiritual person and a religious person. But for me, it's all a personal thing. I'm not someone who'll say, 'This is what I believe, and you should too!' It's more of an internal, quiet, grounded, fulfilling thing for me.
  • When two people - regardless of gender - long to care for each other, to protect each other, to treasure each other, we should do everything we can to foster that.
  • I want to learn about a different religion. I grew up Catholic, but my grandfather was Jewish. Knowledge about other religions can help you understand your own better. I think it's kind of hypocritical to believe one thing and don't know about any others. A friend once told me it made her sad to think that if we were to pass away, I would go to heaven but our Jewish friend wouldn't because she doesn't believe in Jesus. That totally sent me over the edge! I'm happy with what I believe, but I'm open to the fact that there are people with different faiths, and they might be as passionate about theirs as I am about mine.
  • A smile is so sexy, yet so warm. When someone genuinely smiles at you, it's the greatest feeling in the world.
  • It would be completely uncomfortable to walk down the street and know that the person passing by had seen me without my clothes on. I've turned down several roles where the producers or writers wouldn't budge on that point. I'm not saying that it's wrong for someone else to do them, but I think there's a way to be feminine and sexy without posing half-naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!