Friday, October 28, 2011

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley


Rosie was born on April 18, 1987 in Plymouth, Devon, England, U.K., as Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley. She is 5' 9" [1.75 m] tall.

Besides being a "Victoria's Secret model, her claim to fame is replacing Megan Fox in the "Transformers" series of movies. She did an admirable job considering that it is her first and only acting job as of today. I know some who have said, "Why replace Megan Fox?", well, here is the reason and I believe it is a good one. What Shia LaBouf has said might be a factor too but let's face it, she shouldn't have mouthed off about the boss while working and especially comparing him to someone no one except maybePol Pot and a few others can come near. And by near, we're talking hundreds of miles near. So, Rosie, don't blow it and be a super-star in the next "Transformers" movie.


Factoids:
  • Is in a relationship with Jason Statham as ofApril 2010 to current. (Sorry guys but go right ahead and see if you can "take" Jason. -ed.)
  • Worked previously with Michael Bay on a Victoria's Secret commercial in 2009. (And so, there is the connection. -ed.)
  • Grew up on a farm in rural England. (Farming, like working in a good restaurant brings humility and the knowledge of importance in teamwork. I'm impressed. -ed.)

Quotes:
  • [on landing the lead female role in Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)] It was a crazy opportunity that was handed to me and spent seven months making the movie with a great cast and a great director. (And that is why she may get more roles, especially with Michael Bey. -ed.)
  • [on being taller than her co-star Shia LaBeouf] I had to wear heels the whole way through filming, when it came to our kissing scene, I said 'Please Michael, let me take my shoes off. I feel so unelegant and I feel so unfeminine,' ... and he said 'No. You're giving small men across America hope.' (Oh, so true. I'm 5' 7 ¾" [1.72 m] tall. -ed.)
  • I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here to work and have a career. Let the haters hate. I'm ready for the criticism.
  • It helps to have someone who wants to understand your job and support it. I've never really been concerned about cracking under the pressure and turning to the dark side though. I've never been a big drinker and I've never done drugs. I like to go out and dance, but I'm always the person that needs to go to bed first. I'm not a party girl. I want to pay my bills and make my family proud. I've got no other criteria apart from that. (Oooh, do I see a "Star Wars" reference? Strong with the Force, this one is. - ed.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!