Monday, October 31, 2011

Piper Perabo


Happy Birthday!


Piper was born on October 31, 1976 in Dallas, Texas as Piper Lisa Perabo. She is 5' 6" [1.68 m] tall.

Although the first time I saw her was in a movie called "The Prestige." Not much of a roll but I noticed because my son's name is Piper (named after his maternal grandfather). I did not realize that she has had such a career and still going well with the TV show "Covert Affairs." I didn't notice at the time but I saw her in "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and on "House." Another movie I should see, and my son would enjoy is "Cheaper by the Dozen," the 2003 Steve Martin version of course.


Factoids:
  • Mother (Mary Charlotte Ulland) is Norwegian and father (George William Perabo) is Portuguese.
  • Named after actress Piper Laurie.
  • Sister of Noah Perabo and Adam Perabo.
  • Graduated from Toms River (NJ) High School North class of 1994.
  • In high school, she appeared in all four yearly musicals. Her senior year, she was Katie in "Meet Me In St. Louis;" junior year, Cousin Fan in "Mame;" sophomore year, Lady Brighton in "Me and My Girl;" and freshman year, a dancer in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."
  • In high school, she was the president of National Honor Society and the editor of the school literary magazine, Polaris. Also, she was a member of the Marinerettes as a dancer in the field show during the football games.
  • She graduated with a theater degree summa cum laude from Ohio University.
  • She is a vegetarian.
  • One of the owners of Employees Only, a restaurant/bar in New York City.

Quotes:
  • Any time I'm playing opposite somebody in a love relationship, if I know them it's easier, because I know how much I can trust them.
  • I think that you love who you love, and there are people who you love that people aren't going to understand why, and that sort of doesn't really matter.
  • To me, a great love story is a great love story, and it doesn't matter what gender is involved.
  • I walked into the audition and was like, "I'm from New Jersey, I work in a bar, I play guitar - there's no reason you shouldn't give me this part." And it worked! - On auditioning for Coyote Ugly (2000).


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!