Monday, October 24, 2011

Mary Elizabeth Winstead


Mary was born in Rocky Mount, North Carolina as Mary Elizabeth Winstead on November 28, 1984.

I thought her posting will be timely since the new version of the "The Thing" will be coming out soon and it looks like she is going to be the headliner. Now, if some of you don't know, "The Thing" has been re-made before, so this will be the third "episode" of it. How will the story change? Who knows but Mary Elizabeth will be in it and isn't that enough to go see it?

Not sure who she is? Well, her two best know movies are "Scott Pilgrim vs The World" and "Live Free or Die Hard" (or Die Hard 4), both good enough to watch. Of course with "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" you'll have suspend belief since it is a comic book adaptation and for Die Hard 4? There might be a new un-written law of film making... the 4th sequel will be good. Not super or even great but good. See it if you haven't.

She is 5' 8½" [1.74 m] tall.


Factoids:
  • Born to James Ronald Winstead and his wife Betty Lou Knight.
  • Has three older sisters and an older brother.
  • Enjoys cooking,dancing, and singing.
  • Distant cousin of actress Ava Gardner.
  • Named as Hottest Girls of Comic-Con 2010. (Gonna be mean here... ummm, aren't all women who might talk to them, in general, named the "Hottest" at all Comic-cons? -ed.)
  • Favorite movies include 'Sunset Boulevard', 'Rosemary's Baby' and 'Fargo'.
  • Has a nickname of "Mew." (figure it out. -ed.)
Quotes:
  • On the "Die Hard" series: I think they're some of the best action movies ever made. Bruce Willis just brings such a great character to life, and John McClane is someone we can all relate to and root for. He's so much fun to watch on screen. It's iconic the character he's created and it's so much fun to be part of an iconic series.
  • On what she is looking for in a man: I'd say someone who doesn't take themselves seriously. That's my biggest thing. (Oh, now I get the Comic-con thing. -ed.)
  • I acted in theater and I took film classes when I was 12 and just obsessed over it. I loved it and spent hours and hours in the film studio learning and watching. I always knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. That is why I was home schooled. I was always busy, so normal school didn't work out for me. (Oh, now I get the Comic-con thing. Wait, didn't I already say that? -ed.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment, please keep it clean and thanks for the note!